Monday, September 22, 2014

Crafting Crafts

I'm determined not to fall off the face of the blogging world this week, so late or not, short or long, I'm posting!

Check out what I did this weekend!




I sewed a couple of bags! And it was fun! And I did it all on my new (to me) sewing machine! Woohoo! I hate cutting things out. That's the worst. Does someone want to do that bit for me? I bought a kit for these bags. There are four left. As much as I want to sew them all up at once, I'm pacing myself. I don't want to get too good at sewing bags too fast. ;) I'm a master at zippers now, though.

What did you do this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. I'm always so impressed by everyone's sewing capabilities, and these look so good as well. I really need to learn to sew so I can also make myself some project bags. The grey with the coloured zippers is so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so, so easy! I don't know that I'll be good at anything but bags, but, hey, who NEEDS to be good at anything besides bags?!

      Delete
  2. Wow those zippers look great - and they're tricky to get the hang of - I still feel like I'm winging it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm giving all the credit to the shop owner who showed me the trick (the pattern shows it too). It really takes all the stress out of zipper knitting (the zipper foot also helps heaps). And, I was too dumb to know I should fear them, so I jumped right in! :)

      Delete
  3. I love this! I'd like an army of these for all my projects :) I just hate sewing zippers though, yours are perfect !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to finish the rest of the army, lol. They are the perfect dimensions for art projects and supplies (hint hint).

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!