Friday, April 11, 2014

So Much to Finish, So Little Time

I got swamped with grading, so no FO post this morning. That may change this afternoon, though, as I only have the last cuff left on my legwarmers. Here's a post-holder in case that FO happens. :)

Here's another thing I've been working on for two weeks that I am very pleased with:


Cooking with my cast iron skillet! I bought a cookbook a couple of weeks ago and the recipes in it have been so delicious! I've even made some super sketchy changes to a couple and they still turned out beautifully. I've been so eager to eat them that this is the only picture I have. It was one I wasn't sure was going to turn out. It called for 5 pounds of short ribs, but we used a pound of stew meat and halved the recipe. I'm going to try it again next week with more meat, more green beans, and fewer potatoes. It still turned out really yummy.

We had pork chops last night and chicken the night before. Mmmm! So good! I'm looking forward to the blueberry cobbler and a fish recipe this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. oooh, yum! what's the name of the cookbook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Cast Iron Nation and it's put out by the company Lodge. It's yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!